So here it is 2017. The year I have declared my year.
I struggled through 2016, made some hard decisions and spent a huge amount of time figuring out what makes me happy and what I want from life. Most people probably figure this out well before the big 4-0 is approaching but I guess better late than never.
I learned a lot of things in 2016. I learned that it’s ok to make you the number one person in your life. It’s ok to say no, spend time alone and choose to do things that you want to do. I learned the cliche, it’s not how many friends you have, it’s the relationships that matter. While you may always love someone, it’s not necessarily the best for both people to be a part of each others lives. The best relationships are equal on both sides…any relationship where one person has more work to do to keep it together isn’t worth the time and effort. This lesson was one of the hardest I’ve ever had to learn and it still breaks my heart that some people are no longer a part of my life in the way I wish they were.
I have a lot of plans for 2017…all apart of my goals to become truly happy. My condo is currently for sale which is step one in Operation Happiness! Some of the major goals in OH are:
- building a Tiny Home…you can find out what a Tiny Home is here if you don’t already know
*this isn’t what my Tiny House will look like, just an example…design of my Tiny House is currently in progress
- Getting a dog…hopefully one similar to this cutie
- My health…paying more attention to being healthy and more aware of my well being. Probably a given with age but I should have started years ago. Time to get back into Fit Girls Guide with a challenge starting January 2nd.
- Spend more time educating myself for my work. It’s usually so busy that I don’t have time to expand my knowledge and I spend my time just pushing projects out. This year, I will find time to learn new things which will help me excel professionally. My team increased in 2016 and I couldn’t be happier, it’s such an amazing feeling to have people who not only excel at their tasks but make work fun too.
- Spend less time on the internet and more time doing ‘old school’ things I enjoy. This may seem like a weird goal considering I’m starting this blog but my blog will hopefully be about my adventures while I spend more time reading, hiking, touring small towns and other things very 1980’s. Spending more time visiting people important to me is top of this list and I’m super excited about making that a priority again.
So there you have it…my goals for 2017 (with a few more on the list to be revealed in a later post). It’s time for me to concentrate on me. I’m hoping that doesn’t seem like becoming an all about me type of person but in a way I am, just like everyone should be. I’m excited to share in my adventures with those who are willing to come on this amazing ride with me. I think simplifying life is the key to happiness, health and wellness and I’m just as excited to help others find that in their life as I am to have it in mine.
I won’t be ringing in 2017 in crazy party mode…comfies, snacks, tea and some movies will do for me. Might not even make it until midnight but I’m perfectly ok with putting 2016 to bed and waking up ready to rock 2017. Happy New Year – enjoy the night what ever you are doing and I hope you have dreams to case in 2017.
Hugs from a girl, trying to find her place in this world xoxxox